Nikon D3400 is the first entry-level DSLR enabled with SnapBridge online connectivity. Take a picture with the D3400 and it’s immediately transferred to your compatible smartphone or tablet, ready to share. And, utilizing a 24.2MP CMOS DX-format sensor and EXPEED 4 image processor, the Nikon D3400 DSLR camera provides a native sensitivity range from ISO 100-25600 to suit working in a variety of lighting conditions, and the sensor and processor chip combination also offers a 5 fps continuous shooting rate along with Full HD 1080p video recording at 60 fps. And Nikon D3400 is certainly compact, lightweight and easy to use. Great camera!
Here we pick the top-rated lenses so that you can fulfill your 100% needs. Below are the top recommended lenses for the Nikon D3400 DSLR camera. You can choose the one you need.
Best All-in-one Lenses for Nikon D3400:
1. Nikon 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3G ED VR:
- Maximum magnification of 032x
- Angle of view from 76 degree to 5 degree 20'. Focal length range: 18 300 millimeter, minimum focus distance: 16 feet (048 meter)
- Aperture range from f/35 to f/22
- Angle of view from 76 to 520'
2. Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II:
- One-lens solution adept in a wide variety of situations
- Focal length range: 18 -200 mm, minimum focus Distance: 1.6 ft.
- Two extra-low Dispersion (ED) elements; three aspherical lens elements
- Exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM), Nikon VR II (vibration reduction) image stabilization
- Focus to 20 inches for extended versatility, filter thread: 72 mm.Maximum angle of view (dx-format)76°.minimum angle of view (DX-format) 8°.Accepts Filter Type:Screw-on
Best Portrait Lenses for Nikon D3400:
3. Nikon 50mm f/1.4G:
- F1.4 maximum aperture; F16 minimum
- Ultrasonic-type AF motor with full-time manual focusing, 58mm filters
- Minimum focus Distance : 0.45m/17.72 Inches. Lens Hood: HB-47
- Nikon F mount for FX and DX DSLRs. Unparalleled autofocus performance.Mount Type: Nikon F-Bayonet
- Lens not zoomable
4. Nikon 85mm f/1.8G:
- Fast aperture medium telephoto lens
- Internal focus, focal length: 85 millimeter, minimum focus range: 0.80 meter
- Silent wave motor (SWM). Number of diaphragm blades: 7 (rounded diaphragm opening)
- M/a focus mode switch. Filter-attachment size is 67 millimeter (p=0.75 millimeter)
- Nikon super integrated coating (sic)
Best Macro Lenses for Nikon D3400s:
5. Nikon 40mm f/2.8G Micro:
- Compact and lightweight DX-format close-up lens. Lens Construction (Elements/Groups) - 9 elements in 7 groups
- Maximum reproduction ratio is 1.0x. Focal length is 40 mm
- Sharp images from infinity to life-size (1x), autofocus to 64 inches
- Close-range correction system (CRC). Silent wave motor (SWM)
- Angle of view is 38 degree 50 feet. Features focus distance indicator 0.53 feet to infinity having minimum focus distance as 0.53 feet
6. Nikon 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR Micro:
- Designed for close-up and macro photography; versatile enough for virtually any photographic situation
- Maximum Angle of View (FX-format): 23°20'.Features new VR II vibration reduction technology, Focal Length : 105 mm, Minimum Focus Distance : 1.03 ft( 0314 m)
- Nano-Crystal coat and ED glass elements that enhance overall image quality by further reducing flare and chromatic aberrations
- Includes an internal focus, which provides fast and quiet auto-focusing without changing the length of the lens. Maximum Reproduction Ratio : 1.0x
- Weighs 279 ounces, and measures 33 x 45 inches; Made In China ;5-Year Warranty (1-Year International + 4-Year USA Extension)
Best Wide-Angle Prime Lenses for Nikon D3400:
7. Sigma 20mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art:
- Optical designs is highly resistant to strong incidental light sources such as backlight
- Minimized Chromatic aberration, distortion, and ghosting
- This lens delivers excellent brightness and bokeh and is ideal high speed lens for snapshots.
- The Sigma 20mm F1.4 DG HSM can be considered as the culmination of the Art line in relation with F1.4 series
Best Wide-angle Zoom Lenses for Nikon D3400:
8. Nikon 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G ED:
- Ideal for landscapes, cityscapes, interiors, architecture and more.
- Focal Length : 10- 24 mm, Close focusing to 0.8 feet
- Renders a picture angle of 109 degrees through 61 degrees, equivalent to focal lengths of 15-36mm.
- SWM enables fast, accurate and quiet autofocus operation., For superior sharpness and color correction by effectively minimizing chromatic aberration.
- Aspherical lens elements virtually eliminate coma and other types of lens aberration, even when used at the widest aperture.Accepts Filter Type:Screw-on
9. Tokina 14-20mm f/2.0 AT-X Pro DX:
- Nikon F Mount Lens/DX Format. 21-30mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/2 to f/22. One Plastic-Molded Aspherical Element
- Two Glass-Molded Aspherical SD Elements. Two Super Low Dispersion Elements
- Multi-Layer Anti-Reflection Coating. Internal Focus; One-Touch Focus Clutch
- Nine-Blade Diaphragm
10. Tokina 11-16mm F/2.8 ATX Pro DX II:
- USA Version. 3 Year Tokina Warranty included. Intended for sale within the USA.
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22 Designed for Cameras with APS-C Sensors
- Two Aspheric Lens Elements Two Super-Low Dispersion Lens Elements
- Multi-Layer Coating 77mm Filter Thread
Best Standard Prime Lenses for Nikon D3400:
11. Sigma 35mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art:
- 35mm focal length, 52.5mm equivalent focal length on APS-C cameras, 56mm equivalent focal length on Canon APS-C cameras
- F1.4 maximum aperture; F16 minimum, This model is compatible with all current Nikon cameras (both DX and FX)
- Ring-type ultrasonic-type AF motor with full-time manual focusing
- 67mm filters,0.30m/11.81" minimum focus. Maximum Magnifications-1:5.2. Angle of View-63.4º
- Available in Canon EF, Nikon F (FX), Pentax KAF3, Sony Alpha, Sigma SA mounts. Please refer the User Manual which is in the Product Box before use.
12. Nikon 35mm f/1.8G:
- F mount lens/DX format. Picture angle with Nikon DX format 44 degree
- 52.5 millimeter (35-millimeter equivalent). Rear focusing; Manual focus override
- Aperture range: F/1.8 to 22; Dimensions(approx.) 70 x 52.5 millimeter
- Silent wave motor AF system. Accepts filter type is screw on. Lens construction: 8 elements in 6 groups
- Compatible formats is dx and fx in dx crop mode. Maximum reproduction ratio: 0.16x
Best Standard Zoom Lenses for Nikon D3400:
13. Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art:
- Designed specifically for APS-C sized sensors
- Internal focusing and zooming allows for more usability and functionality
- The 18-35mm is ideal for landscapes, portraits, still life, snap shots, casual, and close-ups
- Angle of view (SD1):76.5º-44.2º
14. Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 EX DC OS HSM:
- Large aperture, stabilized, standard zoom lens
- FLD glass with performance equal to fluorite
- Carrying case, lens hood, front & rear caps. Lens Construction : 17 Elements in 13 Groups
- OS is not available in Pentax and Sony mounts.
- Maximum Magnifications 1:5, Minimum Focusing Distance 28 cm / 11 in
15. Nikon 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5G:
- Versatile FX-format wide-angle (18mm) to standard (35mm) zoom lens
- Focal Length : 18-35 mm, Focus as close as 0.92 ft. from your subject
- Excellent choice for travel and architecture, landscape and everyday photography as well as HD-Video applications
- Nikon’s exclusive Silent Wave Motor (SWM) provides ultra-fast, ultra-quiet autofocusing with seamless manual override
- Extra-low Dispersion (ED) and Aspherical (AS) glass elements ensure superior sharpness, color correction and other types of chromatic aberation.Maximum Angle of View (DX-format):76°
Best Telephoto Zoom Lenses for Nikon D3400:
16. Tamron SP 70-200mm f/2.8 Di VC USD:
- The most compact lens in its class
- Minimum focus distance: 51.2 in (1.3m); Maximum magnification ratio: 1: 8 (at f=200mm: MFD 51.2), Focal Length 70-200 mm
- Fast F/2.8 aperture throughout the zoom range, Moisture-resistant construction helps prevent moisture from penetrating the lens
- New VC anti-shake mechanism with 4-stop advantage.
- USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive) for quick and quiet focusing. Internal Focusing (IF) System
17. Nikon 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED-IF VR:
- 70 300mm telephoto zoom lens with f/4.5 5.6 maximum aperture for Nikon digital SLR cameras
- Internal Focus (IF) system provides fast and quiet autofocusing; 4.9 feet Minimum focus range, Focal Length Range : 70 300 mm.Two focus modes are available — M/A and M
- Vibration Reduction (VRII) minimizes effects of camera shake to produce sharper images
- 2 Extra Low Dispersion (ED) glass elements delivers super contrast and resolution performance
- Lens, frond and real cap, HB 36 Hood and CL 1022 Pouch / Packaging type : White box(Bulk Packaging)
18. Nikon 70-200mm f/4G ED VR:
- Lightweight and portable at just 29.3 oz and a mere 7.0-in. long
- Focal Length Range : 70 -200 mm, Minimum Focus Distance : 3.28 ft.
- Optimized for capturing high-quality stills and HD videos on both FX- and DX-format cameras
- Nikon's high-performance f/4 fixed aperture zoom lens. Weight- Approx-30.0 pounds. 20 elements in 14 groups (including 3 ED lens elements, one HRI lens element and lens elements with Nano-Crystal coatings)
19. Tamron SP 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di VC USD:
- VC (Vibration Compensation) , Angle of View diagonal 16゜25' - 4゜8' for full-frame format 10゜38' - 2゜40' for APS-C format
- Minimum Focus Distance of 2.7m (106.3in), Focal Length : 150-600mm
- USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive), New eBAND (Extended Bandwidth & Angular-Dependency) Coating
- Moisture-resistant construction
- Advanced Optical Technology.Max. Magnification Ratio:1:5
20. Nikon 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED VR II:
- Compact telephoto zoom that's great for action, people and travel. Metering - Full aperture
- Focal Length Range : 55 -200 mm, Minimum Focus Distance : 3.7 ft. ( 1.1 m). Maximum angle of view (DX-format): 28°50', Minimum angle of view (DX-format): 8°
- Super Integrated Coating (SIC) delivers superior color quality while reducing ghosting and lens flare
- Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass nearly eliminates optical distortion, while a rounded seven-blade diaphragm makes out of focus elements look more natural
- Nikon Vibration Reduction (VR) image stabilization provides 4.0 stops of blur free handheld shooting, assuring dramatically sharper still images, steadier HD videos and enhanced low-light performance
We looked at all lenses from Nikon and other companies and selected the best choices based on a good price, usefulness and high image quality.
All lenses we recommend for the D3400 are excellent for both full amateurs and highly advanced photographers, especially the prime lenses we suggest as they’ll really permit you to get that professional look thanks to their large aperture.
Nikon D3400 is a digital SLR camera and a quite well-known one too. With economic price and a broad range of features, this camera offers been talking of a town for a fairly time.
And we all know that when it comes to digital cameras, Nikon may be the force to become reckoned with. So if you have recently purchased a Nikon D3400 or owner of it then congratulations, you’ve selected one of the best cameras in the market.
Now that you’ve got hold of this amazing device, you would want to work with it to the fullest level, and to do that you will have to select the most appropriate camera lenses that could work for a given situation.
In this article today, we are going to have a look at one of the most ideal lenses for Nikon D3400 for various types of digital photography. Since this camera is normally capable of capturing moments of most of the kind of events, you will also get a variety of lenses that go hand to hand with it.
You can select from zoom, primary, telephoto, portrait, wide-angle lenses, attach them into the camera and just dive into the world of representative picture taking.
This guide will help you in choosing the correct lens in regards to your subject matter, the location of your shooting, your budget, mobility along with many other factors. The selection of lenses will also depend on whether you are shooting a video or simply capturing the photos.
Focal length, autofocus, resolution, weight, connectivity, and some other things will also play a vital function in the assertion of all suited camera lenses. So hold your cameras and get into this list of best lenses for Nikon D3400 to enable you to store the most memorable moments of your life.
The Nikon D3000 was released in 2009 as an entry-level model in Nikon’s DSLR lineup. Nikon knows that 1st impressions matter and developed a very capable beginner level camera as the perfect launch to the Nikon brand.
Over the years, there has been a steady progression and evolution of entry-level Nikon cameras battling hard against Canon. But, in recent years, Nikon also faced stiff competition from mirrorless cameras that offer a myriad of new options for photographers prepared to embrace digital cameras with interchangeable lenses. Faced with strong competition, Nikon got no various other choices but to innovate.
Because of this, Nikon released the D3300, D3400, and the newest D3500 that are, arguably, the very best entry-level DSLRs ever made. To give an example, the Nikon D3400 is comparable to mirrorless models with its smaller body, incredible battery life of 1,200 pictures, and image quality that is yet to be seen in entry-level cameras. Did I mention that they also cost less than ever before also without adjustment for inflation?
What this means is that if you selected Nikon as your initial camera with interchangeable lenses, you made the right choice.
As a Nikon D3400 or D3500 camera owner, one of the most critical decisions you will need to make is selecting the right lenses. All entry-level Nikon models come with the kit 18-55mm lens, which is a decent all-purpose lens. But, to find the most out of your Nikon camera sensor, you will need better lenses.
The successor to the Nikon D3300, the D3400, is considered by some to end up being among the best entry-level DSLRs for the money. The D3400 premiered in late 2016.
This camera usually includes a kit lens, and while the kit zoom lens isn’t horrible, you’ll want to broaden the range and capabilities of what’s in front of your camera sensor. These are the six greatest lenses for the Nikon D3400.
Because this is a beginner DSLR, you’re not going to find an overpowering slate of features. It has a simple design with minimal fanfare. It does record 1080p HD movies, but this isn’t specifically its strong point. The camera will take great images, and is very easy to use.
The D3400 provides a great battery lifestyle, is small and light, and contains sensor & processor technology found in some of Nikon’s best cameras.