Nikon D5600 is another great DSLR which is equipped with a APS-C CMOS sensor and is powered by the Expeed 4 image processor. The total number of focus points is 39 and the focal length multiplier is 1.5x. The ISO settings are 100 – 25600 and the burst shooters can use the continuous drive of up to 5 frames per second. It can record videos at Full-HD 1080p resolution at 60p, 50p, 30p, 25p and 24p with stereo recording for better sound.
Measuring at 4.88 x 3.82 x 2.76 inches and weighing just 465 grams, the D5600 is not a bulky DSLR but instead, it feels comfortable in hands. The viewfinder with a 0.82x of magnification and 95% scene coverage is pretty impressive. The LCD on the other hand is bigger as compared to other DSLRs in this list. It measures at 3.2 inches with 1,037,000 dots. It is fully articulated and is also touch-enabled. NFC, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are built-in for easy connectivity. The lithium-ion battery pack of EN-EL14a is incredible as it provides a total of 970 shots after a single charge.
A lot of different lenses designed for different purposes can be attached with the D5600 so that the users could expand their photography experiences with numerous lenses. That is why we have compiled a list of the best lenses of every kind which the users could attach to this wonderful device. Have a look.
Best All-in-one Zoom Lenses for Nikon D5600
1. Nikon 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3G ED VR
This is a superb lens for the D5600 as it is an all-in-one lens capable of shooting in different varieties. It is an ideal lens for those shooters who don’t want to carry different lenses with them. It is an extremely compact and lightweight lens for a lens which offers a whopping 16.7x of zoom. It delivers outstanding results when attached with DX-Format DSLRs and can work in different conditions including wildlife, portraits, landscapes and much more. It has Vibration Reduction (VR) technology in-built for steady photos and videos alongside quiet and autofocus.
Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3G ED Vibration Reduction Zoom Lens with Auto Focus for Nikon DSLR Cameras
26 used from $ 491.23
- Maximum magnification of 0.32x
- Focal Length Range : 18 -300 mm, Minimum Focus Distance : 1.6 ft.( 0.48 m)
- Aperture range from f/3.5 to f/22
- Angle of view from 76 to 520'
2. Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II
Another versatile lens for our beloved D5600 with a combination of the big zoom range. Varying between 18mm (ideal for landscape) and 200mm (ideal for sports and wildlife), this lens is one of its kind as it is pretty compact and is fully compatible with the DX-Format DSLRs. The only drawback of this lens is that it does not have reach certain types of telephoto photography but overall, it is a great all-in-one lens for walk around and travel shooters.
Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G AF-S ED VR II Nikkor Telephoto Zoom Lens for Nikon DX-Format Digital SLR Cameras
24 used from $ 235.25
- One-lens solution adept in a wide variety of situations
- Focal Length Range:18 -200 mm, Minimum Focus Distance : 1.6 ft.
- Two Extra-low Dispersion (ED) elements; three aspherical lens elements
- Exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM), Nikon VR II (Vibration Reduction) image stabilization
- Focus to 20 inches for extended versatility,Filter Thread: 72 mm.Maximum Angle of View (DX-format)76°.Minimum Angle of View (DX-format) 8°
Best Wide-angle Zoom Lenses for Nikon D5600
3. Nikon 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G ED
This lens is considered as Nikon’s best wide-angle zoom lens for the DX-Format DSLRs. It produces sharp, vivid and tremendous results for both images and videos. Capturing landscapes and architectures feels so good with this lens. The zoom range of this lens is equivalent to 15-36mm on a 35mm camera and covers virtually all of the useful focal lengths from ultra-wide to a normal field of view. A close focus of up to 0.8 feet and Internal Focus (IF) paired with Nikon SWM (Silent Wave Motor) makes this lens the greatest in its respective domain.
Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G ED Zoom Lens with Auto Focus for Nikon DSLR Cameras
34 used from $ 389.99
- Ideal for landscapes, cityscapes, interiors, architecture and more.
- Focal Length : 10- 24 mm, Close focusing to 0.8 feet
- Renders a picture angle of 109 degrees through 61 degrees, equivalent to focal lengths of 15-36mm.
- SWM enables fast, accurate and quiet autofocus operation., For superior sharpness and color correction by effectively minimizing chromatic aberration.
- Aspherical lens elements virtually eliminate coma and other types of lens aberration, even when used at the widest aperture.
4. Tokina 14-20mm f/2.0 AT-X Pro DX
This lens by Tokina is considered as one of the fastest lens ever. It is very sharp and boasts a rapid fast f/2.0 aperture which is capable of an equivalent 21-30mm zoom range. This wide aperture makes low-light photography very easier while maintaining size and weight.
Tokina 14-20MM F2 PRO DX N/AF Lens
2 used from $ 497.00
- Fast F2.0 Zoom lens of Tokina
- Adopt highly precise Plastic Aspherical lens
- Arrange highly precise Glass molded Aspherical lens
- Compact Body and Excellent Operability
- Angle of view: 91.68 ~ 71.78
5. Tokina 11-16mm F/2.8 ATX Pro DX II
This lens by Tokina has an ultra wide-angle zoom and a bright constant aperture of f/2.8 which allows you to view and autofocus in the dark or low-light situations while maintaining size and weight. The angle of view ranges between 104-84° and it can focus as close as 11.8″. There is a silent focusing motor allows the lens to use autofocus on Nikon bodies that do not have an AF drive gear and motor.
Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 AT-X116 Pro DX II Digital Zoom Lens (AF-S Motor) (for Ni...
13 used from $ 344.99
- USA Version. 3 Year Tokina Warranty included. Intended for sale within the USA.
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22 Designed for Cameras with APS-C Sensors
- Two Aspheric Lens Elements Two Super-Low Dispersion Lens Elements
- Multi-Layer Coating 77mm Filter Thread
Best Wide-Angle Prime Lenses for Nikon D5600
6. Sigma 20mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art
An outstanding and excellent lens by Sigma. It has a focal length of 20mm and f/1.4 aperture. It provides brilliant large-aperture brightness and decent booked effect. The wide-angle image quality makes this lens great for seascape, cityscape, and astrophotography, alongside photos in low light and indoor photography.
Sigma 20mm F1.4 ART DG HSM Lens for Nikon
- Optical designs is highly resistant to strong incidental light sources such as backlight
- Minimized Chromatic aberration, distortion, and ghosting
- This lens delivers excellent brightness and bokeh and is ideal high speed lens for snapshots.
- The Sigma 20mm F1.4 DG HSM can be considered as the culmination of the Art line in relation with F1.4 series
Best Standard Prime Lenses for Nikon D5600
7. Sigma 35mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art
This Sigma lens is a must-have lens for your professional or enthusiast kit. It is the most preferred lens of the professional thanks to fast and silent autofocusing and durable structure. The most prominent feature is the economical price making this lens an excellent alternative to the competing rivals.
Sigma 35mm F1.4 ART DG HSM Lens for Nikon
20 used from $ 599.99
- 35mm focal length, 52.5mm equivalent focal length on APS-C cameras, 56mm equivalent focal length on Canon APS-C cameras
- F1.4 maximum aperture; F16 minimum, This model is compatible with all current Nikon cameras (both DX and FX)
- Ring-type ultrasonic-type AF motor with full-time manual focusing
- 67mm filters,0.30m/11.81" minimum focus. Maximum Magnifications-1:5.2. Angle of View-63.4º
- Available in Canon EF, Nikon F (FX), Pentax KAF3, Sony Alpha, Sigma SA mounts. Please refer the User Manual which is in the Product Box before use.
8. Nikon 35mm f/1.8G
Amazingly lightweight design and a compact body, this Nikon lens offers great reproduction capability and picture quality. It has an excellent price and those professionals who are on a budget would love the economical price of this lens. It has an f/1.8 maximum aperture which works pretty well in low-light conditions. There is also one aspherical element to help control distortion and aberrations. It is ideal for travel, street and general photography.
Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G Lens with Auto Focus for Nikon DSLR Cameras
42 used from $ 148.95
- F Mount Lens/DX Format
- 52.5mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/1.8 to 22 ; Dimensions(approx.):Approx. 70 x 52.5 millimeter
- Silent Wave Motor AF System
- Rear Focusing; Manual Focus Override
Best Standard Zoom Lenses for Nikon D5600
9. Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art
If you are looking to get a standard zoom lens for the Nikon D5600, this Sigma lens should be your top priority as it is the latest benchmark in its respective category. This lens is the first one ever in the history to attain a large aperture of f/1.8 which is paired with the Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM) ensuring smooth, fast and accurate autofocusing. It performs astonishingly well in still life, casual and close-up shots.
Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 Art DC HSM Lens for Nikon
27 used from $ 594.00
- Designed specifically for APS-C sized sensors
- Internal focusing and zooming allows for more usability and functionality
- The 18-35mm is ideal for landscapes, portraits, still life, snap shots, casual, and close-ups
- Angle of view (SD1):76.5º-44.2º
10. Nikon 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5G ED
This Nikon lens also features as an all-purpose lens. Thanks to the compact body and lightweight structure, this portable lens is recommended for travel and all-around use. It has a n 18mm wide-angle perspective offering you more of what you are seeing in the frame. It performs brilliantly while shooting indoors or in close quarters. At the maximum zoom levels, you can attain a natural 35mm perspective that mimics the field of view of our eyes, ideal for just about any photo or video application.
Nikon AF-S FX NIKKOR 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5G ED Zoom Lens with Auto Focus for Nikon DSLR Cameras
18 used from $ 539.99
- Versatile FX-format wide-angle (18mm) to standard (35mm) zoom lens
- Focal Length : 18-35 mm, Focus as close as 0.92 ft. from your subject
- Excellent choice for travel and architecture, landscape and everyday photography as well as HD-Video applications
- Nikon's exclusive Silent Wave Motor (SWM) provides ultra-fast, ultra-quiet autofocusing with seamless manual override
- Extra-low Dispersion (ED) and Aspherical (AS) glass elements ensure superior sharpness, color correction and other types of chromatic aberation
11. Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 EX DC OS HSM
This Sigma lens is a large-aperture standard zoom lens covering a 17-50mm focal length (equivalent 26-75mm). The aperture of f/2.8 is pretty widespread throughout the zoom range which makes it an ideal lens for press, weddings and general photography. The Sigma’s anti-shake feature allows you to make use of shutter speeds approximately 4 stops slower than would otherwise be possible. The Hyper Sonic Motor or the HSM allows fast but quiet autofocus. There is Super Multi-Layer coating which reduces the flare and ghosting. It performs brilliantly in low-light and is pretty durable and lightweight which means you can easily carry it around.
Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 EX DC OS HSM FLD Large Aperture Standard Zoom Lens for Nikon Digital DSLR Camera
44 used from $ 236.99
- Large aperture, stabilized, standard zoom lens
- FLD glass with performance equal to fluorite
- Carrying case, lens hood, front & rear caps. Lens Construction : 17 Elements in 13 Groups
- OS is not available in Pentax and Sony mounts.
- Maximum Magnifications 1:5, Minimum Focusing Distance 28 cm / 11 in
Best Telephoto Zoom Lenses for Nikon D5600
12. Tamron SP 70-200mm f/2.8 Di VC USD
Arguably the best telephoto zoom lens for the FX-Format DSLRs. This lens is very high in speed and is equipped with a f/2.8 maximum aperture throughout the zoom range. It is extremely compact full-size and high-speed telephoto zoom lens paired with VC Vibration Compensation), USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive) and image stabilization. These three technologies combined with the durable lens and superior performance of the FX-Format DSLRs produce a solid result with better color enhancements and detailed focus.
Tamron SP 70-200MM F/2.8 DI VC USD Telephoto Zoom Lens for Nikon (FX) Cameras
9 used from $ 650.00
- The most compact lens in its class
- Minimum focus distance: 51.2 in (1.3m); Maximum magnification ratio: 1: 8 (at f=200mm: MFD 51.2), Focal Length 70-200 mm
- Fast F/2.8 aperture throughout the zoom range, Moisture-resistant construction helps prevent moisture from penetrating the lens
- New VC anti-shake mechanism with 4-stop advantage.
- USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive) for quick and quiet focusing. Internal Focusing (IF) System
13. Nikon 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED-IF VR
This lens made by Nikon is very lightweight and versatile allowing you to opt for different kinds of photography including wildlife- sports and travel. The zoom range it offers is 4.3x and the range of focal length is 70-300mm plus, a 35mm equivalency of 105-450mm when used on DX-format DSLRs. An equivalence of 2.5 shutter speed stops is also available to assist in shooting sharper and vivid images in low-light or at maximum zoom lengths.
Nikon 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED IF AF-S VR Nikkor Zoom Lens for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras
66 used from $ 209.95
- 70-300mm telephoto zoom lens with f/4.5-5.6 maximum aperture for Nikon digital SLR cameras
- Internal Focus (IF) system provides fast and quiet autofocusing; 4.9-feet Minimum focus range, Focal Length Range : 70 -300 mm.Two focus modes are available - M/A and M
- Vibration Reduction (VRII) minimizes effects of camera shake to produce sharper images
- 2 Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) glass elements delivers super contrast and resolution performance
- Measures 3.1 inches in diameter and 5.6 inches long; weighs 26.3 ounces; 5-year warranty
14. Nikon 70-200mm f/4G ED VR
Another highly compact and lightweight lens from Nikon through which you can have an extremely wide focal length thanks to the f/4 and excellent image result. The f/4 fixed maximum aperture performs astonishingly well in low-light and allows you to have a consistent exposure balance while zooming in, a feature which is extremely useful while recording HD videos.
Nikon 70-200mm f/4G ED VR Nikkor Zoom Lens
18 used from $ 829.00
- Lightweight and portable at just 29.3 oz and a mere 7.0-in. long
- Focal Length Range : 70 -200 mm, Minimum Focus Distance : 3.28 ft.
- Optimized for capturing high-quality stills and HD videos on both FX- and DX-format cameras
- Nikon's high-performance f/4 fixed aperture zoom lens
15. Tamron SP 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di VC USD
This telephoto lens boasts image stabilization, quiet yet fast autofocusing and has some of the most advanced coatings on the lens allowing you to take some vivid, sharp and improved images. Thanks to the 150-600mm long-range zoom, this lens is suitable for those who want to cover wildlife and sports alongside some landscapes and architectures. There is a built-in tripod mount for use on tripods and monopods. On an APC-C sensor camera, the focal length becomes equivalent to 233-930mm.
Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD for Nikon DSLR Cameras (Tamron 6 Year Limited USA Warranty)
28 used from $ 579.00
- VC (Vibration Compensation)
- Minimum Focus Distance of 2.7m (106.3in), Focal Length : 150-600mm
- USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive), New eBAND (Extended Bandwidth & Angular-Dependency) Coating
- Moisture-resistant construction
- Advanced Optical Technology
Best Macro Lenses for Nikon D5600
16. Nikon 40mm f/2.8G Micro
This Nikon lens is ideal for capturing general close-up shots of flowers, detailed items, portraits and much more. This 40mm f/2.8G allows the photographers to get the true 1:1 magnification for extremely close-up imaging. It is compact and pretty lightweight due to which you can carry it with you easily. This standard focal length DX-format Micro-NIKKOR lens provides high resolution and contrast from infinity to life-size (1X).
Nikon AF-S DX Micro-NIKKOR 40mm f/2.8G Close-up Lens for Nikon DSLR Cameras
17 used from $ 210.00
- Compact and lightweight DX-format close-up lens
- Focal Length : 40 mm, Minimum Focus Distance : 0.53 ft. ( 0.163 m)
- Sharp images from infinity to life-size (1X), Autofocus to 6.4 inches
- Close-Range Correction System (CRC)
- Silent Wave Motor (SWM)
17. Nikon 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR Micro
This medium telephoto lens is pretty good for extreme close-up shots and portraits with greater working distances and AF from infinity to life-size (1:1). Any camera movement at this magnification is also amplified so image stabilization is pretty crucial. This lens is the first ever macro lens in the world to feature VR (Vibration Reduction) and SWM (Silent Wave Motor). Due to VR, the shooters can make use of a three shutter speed stop equivalence enabling the use of slower shutter speeds while still maintaining image sharpness, even in low light. The equivalent focal length is 157.5mm if you use this lens on cameras with an APS-C size sensor.
Nikon AF-S VR Micro-NIKKOR 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED Lens
32 used from $ 529.99
- Designed for close-up and macro photography; versatile enough for virtually any photographic situation
- Features new VR II vibration reduction technology, Focal Length : 105 mm, Minimum Focus Distance : 1.0 ft.( 0.314 m)
- Nano-Crystal coat and ED glass elements that enhance overall image quality by further reducing flare and chromatic aberrations
- Includes an internal focus, which provides fast and quiet auto-focusing without changing the length of the lens
- Weighs 27.9 ounces, and measures 3.3 x 4.5 inches; Made In China ;5-Year Warranty (1-Year International + 4-Year USA Extension)
Best Portrait Lenses for Nikon D5600
18. Nikon 50mm f/1.4G
This lens is a perfect portrait lens if used with a Nikon DX-Format DSLR. It is ideal for travel, street and general photography. It performs astonishingly well in different conditions and is paired with a neat optical formula and a fast f/1.4 maximum aperture.
Nikon AF-S FX NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G Lens with Auto Focus for Nikon DSLR Cameras
18 used from $ 360.00
- 50mm focal length, 75mm equivalent focal length on DX cameras
- F1.4 maximum aperture; F16 minimum
- Ultrasonic-type AF motor with full-time manual focusing, 58mm filters
- Minimum focus Distance : 0.45m/17.72 Inches
- Nikon F mount for FX and DX DSLRs. Unparalleled autofocus performance
19. Nikon 85mm f/1.8G
It is an ideal match for both DX-Format and FX-Format DSLRs thanks to the vivid and neat booked effect. It boasts the IF (Internal Focus) technology of Nikon allowing you to have a fast and quiet autofocus. It can produce crisp images at all apertures and the fast maximum aperture is perfect for capturing stills or D-Movie HD videos under ideal lighting, in low light, head and shoulder portraiture, weddings or concerts.
Nikon AF FX NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8G Fixed Lens with Auto Focus for Nikon DSLR Cameras
27 used from $ 385.00
- Fast aperture medium telephoto lens
- Internal Focus, Focal Length: 85 mm, Minimum Focus Range: 0.80 m
- Silent Wave Motor (SWM)
- M/A focus mode switch
- Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC)