The Nikon D750 is an economical alternative to its expensive counterparts. It boasts a 24.3 MP sensor and is built using weatherproof construction due to which it could be used in the most challenging environments as well. It has a 51-point AF system for precise and smooth focusing and can burst shoot at the rate of 6.5 frames per second. It also features decent video capabilities and some very advanced metering functionalities.
To get the most out of this DSLR, the following are the list of lenses that could be used with the D750.
Best Portrait Lenses for Nikon D750
1. Sigma 85mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art:
- The Sigma 85mm 1.4 DG HSM Art is the latest addition to the world renowned Sigma Global Vision Line
- It has equipped newly designed hyper sonic motor (HSM) for nimble AF control, 1.3 times better torque of its predecessor
- Compatible with the Enthusiast APS-C Nikon D7100, D7200, D500, and D3100, D3200, D3300, D5100, D5200, D5300, D5500 DSLR Cameras. Also compatible with Nikon Full-Frame DF, D600, D610, D750, D800, D810, D4, D5.
- Minimum Focusing Distance-33.5inch. Maximum Magnifications-1：8.5. Angle of View (35mm)-28.6°
With an outstanding overall score of 93% and a Gold Award from experts at DPReview, this lens provides one of the best and strong focuses. Designed professionally for portraits, this lens proves to be best suited for professional, portrait photography, as well as dim light, night, landscape, wedding photography, and photojournalism.
2. Nikon 85mm f/1.4G:
- Ultra-fast f1.4 classic portrait lens, Nano Crystal Coat
- Focal Length : 85 mm, Minimum Focus Distance : 3.0 ft. (0.85m). Compatible Format(s)- FX, DX, FX in DX Crop Mode
- Optimized for edge to edge sharpness on both FX and DX cameras;Closest focusing distance:0.85 m
- M/A Focus Mode Switch enables quick changes between manual and autofocus operation
- Internal Focus (IF) provides fast and quiet autofocus
Designed with a rounded 9 blade diaphragm, this lens provides exceptional preciseness and sharpness and combined with its swift f/1.4 aperture makes it able to shoot in dramatically dim light scenes with bright and beautiful blurred background. It is ideally made for portrait or general photography indoors, and its Nanocrystal coat helps in eliminating Ghosting and flare, which makes it suitable for photography in the field.
3. Sigma 50mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art:
- 50mm focal length, Lens not zoomable
- 75mm equivalent focal length on APS-C cameras, 80mm equivalent focal length on Canon APS-C cameras
- F1.4 maximum aperture; F16 minimum
- Ring-type ultrasonic-type AF motor with full-time manual focusing
- 77mm filters. 77mm filters. 0.4m/15.7" minimum focus. Please use a USB dock for calibrating the focus
This lens provides precisely structured photography, thanks to its large 1.4 aperture. It is a professionally designed camera, best suited for portrait, landscape, outdoor and indoor photography.
4. Nikon 50mm f/1.4G:
- F1.4 maximum aperture; F16 minimum
- Ultrasonic-type AF motor with full-time manual focusing, 58mm filters
- Minimum focus Distance : 0.45m/17.72 Inches. Lens Hood: HB-47
- Nikon F mount for FX and DX DSLRs. Unparalleled autofocus performance.Mount Type: Nikon F-Bayonet
- Lens not zoomable
An economical choice in best portrait and travel lenses, this lens id best for travel, environmental, event or general photography with its exceptional optical formula and swift f/1.4 aperture.
5. Nikon 85m f/1.8G:
- Fast aperture medium telephoto lens
- Internal Focus, Focal Length: 85 mm, Minimum Focus Range: 0.80 m
- Silent Wave Motor (SWM). Number of diaphragm blades:7 (rounded diaphragm opening)
- M/A focus mode switch. Filter-attachment size is 67 mm (P=0.75 mm)
- Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC)
This lens provides super sharp and precise high definition images, paired with bokeh features, all handy and compact. This lens is made with Nikon’s IF system that provides silent and swift autofocus and gives precise and structured images at a range of apertures. It is best suited for still, dim light, head portraiture, wedding or concert photography.
6. Tamron SP 85m f/1.8 Di VC USD:
- Superior resolving power and attractive bokeh
- Fluorine Coating and Moisture-Resistant Construction
- Electromagnetic diaphragm system
- fast and accurate focusing
- New SP Design
Considerably a pioneer of fast-aperture telephoto lenses, this lens excels in providing edge to edge images with exceptional brightness for dim light photography. Its swift aperture of f/1.8 provides a beautiful merge of the sharp subject and bokeh background, while its focal length of 85mm is suited best for proportionate facial features.
Best All-In-One Lens for Nikon D750
7. Nikon 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR:
- Versatile 107x zoom lens with ED glass and VR II image stabilization
- Optimized for edge to edge sharpness on both FX and DX-format
- Covers a wide range of focal lengths to get the best out of every subject. Minimum Focus Distance- 1.6 ft. (0.5m) throughout entire zoom range
- 2 Extra-low Dispersion (ED) Elements; 3 Aspherical Lens Elements
- Exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM) Weight : 282 oz
This lens is the only versatile and all in one lens for FX. With a zoom of 10.7x with EZD glass and VR II IS, this lens offers a wide range of focal lengths that make it suitable for travel, portraits, landscapes, and distant photography. It also has a swift, silent and precise autofocus, and also provides minimum aberrations even at the largest aperture settings.
Best Macro Lenses for Nikon D750
8. Nikon 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR Micro:
- Designed for close-up and macro photography; versatile enough for virtually any photographic situation
- Maximum Angle of View (FX-format): 23°20'.Features new VR II vibration reduction technology, Focal Length : 105 mm, Minimum Focus Distance : 1.03 ft( 0314 m)
- Nano-Crystal coat and ED glass elements that enhance overall image quality by further reducing flare and chromatic aberrations
- Includes an internal focus, which provides fast and quiet auto-focusing without changing the length of the lens. Maximum Reproduction Ratio : 1.0x
- Weighs 279 ounces, and measures 33 x 45 inches; Made In China ;5-Year Warranty (1-Year International + 4-Year USA Extension)
This lens is best suited for close up and portraits photography, from farther away from the subject and autofocus from infinity and life-size. This is the first lens in the line that is designed with Nikon’s Silent Wave Motor and Vibration Reduction and provides sharp and clear images even on the use of slower shutter speeds.
9. Tamron SP 90mm f/2.8 Di VC USD Macro:
- Moisture-Proof and Dust-Resistant Construction
- Durable Fluorine Coating on the front element repels water and fingerprints
- Advanced coating technology reduces flare and ghosting ; Camera Mount Type Nikon F
- Circular aperture to achieve beautiful, rounded blur effects bokeh ; Format Compatibility Nikon FX/35mm Film, Nikon DX
- VC enhanced with shift compensation ; Focal Length 90mm ; Aperture Maximum: f/2.8, Minimum: f/32
This lens is best suited for photography from small distances and has a Floating System for consistent image quality from 11.8” to infinity focus. It provides sharp, clear and swift and silent autofocus, as well as reduces aberrations and distortions at certain apertures.
10. Sigma 150mm f/2.8 EX DG OS HSM APO Macro:
- Macro Lens With 1:1 Magnification
- Focuses to 15"
- Optical Image Stabilization
- Hyper-Sonic Motor for Fast, Quiet AF
- 3 SLD Elements Correct Aberrations
A small and light lens, capable of exceptional macro photography is a small aperture lens, which is laced with Sigma technology including Optical Stabilizer, which eradicates camera shake, Hyper Sonic Motor, which provides with silent and swift autofocus, and Super Multi-layer Coating, which helps eliminate flare and ghosting. Its magnification ratio is 1:1 at its closest working distance of 25 inches.
Best Wide-Angle Zoom Lenses for Nikon D750
11. Nikon 14-24mm f/2.8G ED:
- Focal Length Range : 14 -24 mm
- Minimum Focus Distance 0.9 ft.( 0.28 m), minimum f/stop 22
- Lens construction 14/11 (2 ED glass elements, 3 aspherical lenses and 1 Nano Crystal Coat)
- Angle of View : 114° - 84°
This lens is best suited for Edge to edge sharpness, and high structures and contrasts, making it a must-have of advances Nikon Shooters. It is designed with Nano Crystal and Super Integrated Coating which makes the light transmission better, eliminating ghosting and flare. The spherical and chromatic aberrations are controlled by two Extra-Low dispersion elements and three aspherical lenses. Its internal focus provides swift and silent autofocus without adjusting the lens size.
12. Tamron SP 15-30mm f/2.8 Di VC USD:
- Vibration Compensation for sharper images
- Maximum diameter: 98.4mm.Minimum Focus Distance : 11 in(028m), Focal Length : 15-30 mm
- USD Ultrasonic Silent Motor for quick and quiet focusing
- 9 blade round aperture for ideal bokeh effects, Works with full frame DSLR cameras
- Fast 28 maximum Aperture Angle of View : 110 degree 32 minutes - 71 degree 35 minutes
This versatile lens with a maximum aperture of f/2.8 is ideal for dim light photography and delivers a shallow depth of fields for focus, capturing with the same definition from corner to corner.
13. Nikon 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5G ED:
- Versatile FX-format wide-angle (18mm) to standard (35mm) zoom lens
- Focal Length : 18-35 mm, Focus as close as 0.92 ft. from your subject
- Excellent choice for travel and architecture, landscape and everyday photography as well as HD-Video applications
- Nikon’s exclusive Silent Wave Motor (SWM) provides ultra-fast, ultra-quiet autofocusing with seamless manual override
- Extra-low Dispersion (ED) and Aspherical (AS) glass elements ensure superior sharpness, color correction and other types of chromatic aberation.Maximum Angle of View (DX-format):76°
An affordable option in the versatile range, this lens provides a wide-angle image, which makes it perfect for indoor photography, architecture, landscapes, and group portraits.
Best Wide-angle Prime Lenses for Nikon D750
14. Sigma 20mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art:
- Optical designs is highly resistant to strong incidental light sources such as backlight
- Minimized Chromatic aberration, distortion, and ghosting
- This lens delivers excellent brightness and bokeh and is ideal high speed lens for snapshots.
- The Sigma 20mm F1.4 DG HSM can be considered as the culmination of the Art line in relation with F1.4 series
This lens is packed with advanced features like optimized lens power distribution and better optics, which help is eliminating lens aberrations, and field curvatures, providing excellent quality. This lens is best suited for Landscape, dim light, indoor, and event photography, as well as astrophotography and videography.
15. Nikon 20mm f/1.8 G ED:
- Compact, lightweight, FX-format lens that combines the ultra-wide perspective of a 20mm focal length, the low-light capabilities and shallow Depth of field of an F/18 maximum aperture and the superb optical characteristics of an advanced NIKKOR prime lens
- Maximum reproduction Ratio: 0.23x.Aspherical lens elements and extra-low Dispersion glass elements with Nano Crystal Coat combat sagittal flare and chromatic aberration for superb, sharp Rendering across the entire frame
- Innovative silent Wave Motor (SWM) uses ultrasonic waves for fast, accurate, near quiet autofocusing as close as 78-inches from your subject
- Delivers a 20mm, 94 Degree angle of view that's ideal for stills or motion capture, minimum focus Distance is 0.66 feet from focal plane
- Produces beautifully blurred backgrounds in your photos and HD videos and lets you shoot at lower is settings to retain high image quality at its maximum aperture setting of f/18
This light and the small lens is a merger of Ultra-wide perspective, 20mm focal length, Dim light capability, and shallow depth of f/1.8 maximum aperture and exceptional optical characters of NIKKOR prime lens. This lens widens the creativity with its ability to capture Landscapes, architecture, wedding and event, crowds and stages.
16. Sigma 35mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art:
- 35mm focal length, 52.5mm equivalent focal length on APS-C cameras, 56mm equivalent focal length on Canon APS-C cameras
- F1.4 maximum aperture; F16 minimum, This model is compatible with all current Nikon cameras (both DX and FX)
- Ring-type ultrasonic-type AF motor with full-time manual focusing
- 67mm filters,0.30m/11.81" minimum focus. Maximum Magnifications-1:5.2. Angle of View-63.4º
- Available in Canon EF, Nikon F (FX), Pentax KAF3, Sony Alpha, Sigma SA mounts. Please refer the User Manual which is in the Product Box before use.
This lens, with an overall score of 89% and a gold award from the experts at DPReview, offers a swift floating inner focus, and Hyper Sonic Motor for swift and precise focus, and a bright f/1.4 maximum aperture. It is ideal for professional, dim light, night, landscape, events, and wedding photography, as well as photojournalism.
17. Nikon 24mm f/1.4G ED:
- Compelling wide-angle perspective combined with an ultra-fast f/1.4 aperture serves the needs of demanding professionals in exacting conditions
- Offers superior sharpness and color correction by effectively minimizing chromatic aberration, even at the widest aperture settings
- Aspherical lens elements virtually eliminate coma and other types of aberration, even when shooting at the widest available aperture
- A Nano Crystal Coat further reduces ghosting and internal flare across a wide range of wavelengths for even greater image clarity. Picture angle with 35mm (135) format-84°
- Rear Focus (RF) provides smooth and fast auto-focus while eliminating front barrel rotation and lens length changes
This lens is best suited for dim light photography with its light gathering ability. It is also capable of clear and precise photography with its color correction and aberration reduction. It also gives a beautiful sharp subject with a blurred background merger. Besides its benefits of brightness, it has a dramatic perspective paired up with a picture angle of up to 84 degrees.
Best Standard Zoom Lenses for Nikon D750
18. Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR:
- Fast f/2.8 constant aperture with an electromagnetic diaphragm
- Sensational image quality and sharpness with virtually no distortion, Focal Length Range : 24 to 70 millimeter
- Minimum Focus Distance : 35 to 50 millimeter focal length : 1.2 feet (0.38 meter) from focal plane; 24, 28, 70 millimeter focal lengths : 1.3 feet (0.41 meter) from focal plane; Dimensions : Approx; 88.0 millimeter maximum diameter x 154.5 millimeter (distance from camera lens mount flange)
- 4 stops of Vibration Reduction for handheld and low light shooting, Nonstick glass makes it easier to wipe off water, dirt and smudges
- Evolution of Nikon's legendary 24 to 70 millimeter workhorse.Type:Fmount, Type E AF S lens with built in CPU and F mount.Lens Elements:20
This lens is said to have been updated better than its previous generation, with respect to the swiftness, control, clarity and definition, durability and consistency. Its Vibration Reduction design also makes it best suited for handheld photography, making it ideal for indoor, outdoor, environmental, weddings and event still photography, and also videography in high definition.
19. Tamron SP 24-70mm f/2.8 DI VC USD:
- 24-70mm focal length, Minimum focus distance : 0.38m/14.96 inch
- 36-105mm equivalent focal length on APS-C cameras, 38.4-112mm equivalent focal length on Canon APS-C cameras
- F2.8 constant maximum aperture; F22 minimum, Ultrasonic-type AF motor with full-time manual focusing
- Image stabilization, VC (Vibration Compensation), 82mm filters
- Available in Canon EF, Nikon F (FX), Nikon F (DX), Sony Alpha mounts
This lens is an updated one with controlled aberrations. Its aperture lets it show a balance between sharp subject resolutions and soft blurred background effect. It is best suited for portraits, landscapes, Indoor shoots, and moisture-resistant design enables it to be ideal for outdoor photography.
20. Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8G ED:
- Focal Length Range : 24 70 mm
- Minimum Focus Distance : 1.2 ft.( 0.38 m)
- Exceptional low light performance
- Lens Construction (Elements/Groups): 15/11 (3 ED glass elements, 3 aspherical lenses and 1 Nano Crystal Coat)
This lens is a very popular lens in Nikon’s FX lineup and provides clarity through its zoom range. Its aperture makes it suitable for the handheld in dim light photography. It has a shallow depth of field with amazing highlights which are made even better with a rounded 9 blade aperture. All this makes this lens suitable for professional, outdoor and indoor shoots.
Best Telephoto Zoom Lenses for Nikon D750
21. Tamron SP 70-200mm f/2.8 Di VC USD:
- The most compact lens in its class
- Minimum focus distance: 51.2 in (1.3m); Maximum magnification ratio: 1: 8 (at f=200mm: MFD 51.2), Focal Length 70-200 mm
- Fast F/2.8 aperture throughout the zoom range, Moisture-resistant construction helps prevent moisture from penetrating the lens
- New VC anti-shake mechanism with 4-stop advantage.
- USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive) for quick and quiet focusing. Internal Focusing (IF) System
According to DxOMark test results; this lens is classified as the best zoom lens for D810. It is a small and lightweight but fast and full-size zoom lens with Vibration Compensation image stabilization and Ultrasonic Silent Drive which enable it to be travel-friendly.
22. Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II:
- Type of lens: G-type AF-S Zoom-NIKKOR lens with built-in CPU and Nikon bayonet mount
- Focal Length Range : 70 -200 mm, Minimum Focus Distance- 4.6 ft.(1.4 m)
- Dimensions: Approx. 87 mm dia. x 205.5 mm extension from the camera’s lens-mount flange
- Weight: Approx. 1,540 g (3.4 lb)
- Compatible Format(s) - FX, DX, FX in DX Crop Mode 35mm Film
This lens offers versatility and durability, with features like swift autofocus, swift maximum aperture, clarity and sharpness, and true image colors. It is best suited for sports, wildlife, dim light photography, as well as photojournalism.
23. Sigma 120-300mm f/2.8 DG OS HSM:
- Offers OS (Optical Stabilization
- Two FLD Glass Elements
- Fast Focus
- German (Publication Language)
This lens features a Hyper Sonic Autofocus Motor which helps in swift and silent autofocus, which in turn makes videography easy. Since this lens is a part of the sports series, it is made with a dust and splash-proof design, making it best suited for outdoor photography such as wildlife, nature, aviation, racing, etc.
24. Nikon 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED IF VR:
- 70 300mm telephoto zoom lens with f/4.5 5.6 maximum aperture for Nikon digital SLR cameras
- Internal Focus (IF) system provides fast and quiet autofocusing; 4.9 feet Minimum focus range, Focal Length Range : 70 300 mm.Two focus modes are available — M/A and M
- Vibration Reduction (VRII) minimizes effects of camera shake to produce sharper images
- 2 Extra Low Dispersion (ED) glass elements delivers super contrast and resolution performance
- Lens, frond and real cap, HB 36 Hood and CL 1022 Pouch / Packaging type : White box(Bulk Packaging)
An affordable option that is best suited for wildlife, travel, sports, and general photography.
Best Super Telephoto Zoom Lenses for Nikon D750
25. Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sports:
- Maximum Aperture Range: f/3.5-6.3
- One SLD and Four FLD Elements
- Super Multi-Layer Coating
- Hyper Sonic Motor AF System
- Optical Stabilization
This lens features 2 FLD glass elements, and 3 SLD glass elements, which help the lens, produce exceptionally clear and sharp pictures throughout the zoom. It also features an accelerometer for flawless vertical and horizontal panning. This lens is best suited for Birding, wildlife, and motorsports, thanks to its dust and splash-proof design.
26. Tamron SP 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di VC USD G2:
- AUTHORIZED USA DEALER: Tamron Authorized Dealer. INCLUDES 6-Year Warranty
- Introducing the pinnacle of ultra-telephoto zoom with advanced features for improved optical performance, functionality and usability - The SP 150-600mm G2 (Generation 2) | Tamron SP series lenses have been technologically redefined from the inside out to maximize the potential of high-resolution cameras.
- Featuring better overall optical performance and faster AF speed, VC enhancements, plus Fluorine Coating, FLEX ZOOM LOCK and teleconverter compatibility.
- MOD reduced to 7' (1:3.9 max. mag. Ratio) to provide optimum tele-macro photography | VC performance is 4.5 stops (VC mode 3) and offers three modes optimized for different shooting situations | New FLEX ZOOM LOCK mechanism enables the locking of the zoom ring at any position | Fluorine Coating and improved Moisture-Resistant Construction
- LENS BUNDLE INCLUDES: Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD G2 Zoom Lens for Nikon Mounts | Lens hood | Lens cap | Lens case | 6 Year Tamron USA Authorized Dealer Warranty | Tamron TAP-In Console | SanDisk 64GB Extreme SDXC Memory UHS-I Card | 95mm UV, Polarizer & FLD Deluxe Filter kit | Photo Camera Sling Backpack for Cameras & Accessories Fits 15-inch Laptops | Professional 58 Inch Tripod | Microfiber Cloth |Card Reader | Card Wallet | Lens Cleaning Kit | Lens Dust Blower
This generation 2 lens is a much-improved one with the exceptional definition in handheld photography, more swift autofocus, even when capturing fast-moving objects, VC enhancements, Euorite Coal, teleconverter, and Flex Zoom Lock.
27. Nikon 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR:
- Compact super telephoto zoom lens for birding, wildlife, motorsports, events and more
- 500mm of zoom power on FX format DSLRs; 750millimeter equivalent on DX format DSLRS, Minimum Focus Distance: 7.2 feet ( 2.2 meter), Focal Length Range:200 500 millimeter
- Fast f/5.6 constant aperture for beautiful out of focus backgrounds and low light performance
- 4.5 stops of Vibration Reduction with Sports mode. Approx. Weight 81.2 ounce. Approx. Dimensions(Diameter x Length) 4.2 inch x 10.5 inch( Based on CIPA Guidelines )
- AF compatible with optional TC 14E series teleconverters and DSLRs that offer f/8 support.Mount Type:Nikon F Bayonet
This lens is an outstanding choice for FX and DX photographers as it provides the most amazing clarity and definition, and exceptional zoom power. It is best suited for distant photography, of subjects like birds, sports, wildlife, and motorsports.
28. Nikon 200-400mm f/4G ED VR II:
- 200-400mm f/4G AF-S super-telephoto zoom lens is perfect for sports and wildlife shooting; offers constant maximum aperture
- Nikon VR II (Vibration Reduction) Image Stabilization enables handheld shooting at up to 4 shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible
- Nano Crystal Coat further reduces ghosting and interior flare across a wide range of wavelengths
- 4 Extra-low Dispersion (ED) Elements; Three Focus Modes; Internal Focus (IF)
- Exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM); Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC)
This lens provides exceptional image quality with flawless clarity, reduced chromatic aberrations, even at its maximum aperture. This lens is best suited for sports photography and wildlife shooting.
29. Nikon 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR:
- FX format compatible. Mount Type Nikon F Bayonet
- Focuses as close as 5.7 feet during AF operation
- Vibration Reduction
- Approx. 95.5 millimeter maximum diameter x 203 millimeter (distance from camera lens mount flange)
- Approximate weight: 3.5 pounds (1570 grams)including tripod collar based on CIPA guidelines. Approximate weight: 1480 grams (3.3 pounds) without tripod collar
This lens is a merger of features of many lenses, which is what makes it the best travel-friendly lens. The Nikon’s Vibration Reduction system makes it best for handheld photography. This lens is best suited for handy portraits, as well as wildlife and action photography.
Best Telephoto Prime Lenses for Nikon D750
30. Nikon 200mm f/2G ED VR II:
- Fast, Prime Telephoto Lens
- Nikon VR II (Vibration Reduction) Image Stabilization
- Automatic Tripod Detection Mode
- Nano Crystal Coat
- Super ED Glass Element
This lens is best suited for capturing subjects with fast shutter speeds in dim light, such as indoor, sports, wildlife, and portraits. It also provides a beautiful blend of a sharp subject with a dreamy blurred background.